What is uric acid?
Uric acid is an organic substance found in very small amounts in the body. The amount that is made is filtered out by the kidneys and removed from the body, but if it starts building up in the body in excess, it invites many problems including high blood pressure, joint pain, difficulty in sitting and swelling.
Due to increase in uric acid, the toxicity starts increasing in the body along with pain, swelling and stiffness in the joints. In such a situation, there is also pressure on the kidneys.
This can lead to a disease called Gout, which causes pain in the joints. It can also make your blood and urine very acidic.
At an early age, diseases like arthritis are now catching people. If the problem of high uric acid remains in the body for a long time, then not only the bones, but from the kidney to the liver, damage starts the kidney is not able to properly filter the uric acid that is increasing in the body, then it mixes in the blood and gets deposited between the joints.
5 Natural ways to reduce uric acid from the blood
When uric acid builds up in the blood, the problem of gout starts. To prevent this condition, not only do you have to change your diet, but you have to include some things in your diet.
Diet itself is responsible for uric acid as well as its treatment. In such a situation, it is important for you to know which diet should not be taken and what to take. High amount of uric acid works to increase blood pressure; if you can reduce uric acid then it will be good for your better health.
Because it can save you from other problems to maintain uric acid in normal condition, you have to add some things to your diet and also avoid eating some things.
1) Reduce purine intake:
Uric acid reaches the body only through a protein called purine. Therefore, avoid consuming foods rich in this protein. Purines are found in high amounts in the following food items.
- Organ meat
- Fish and Shellfish
- Green peas
- Dry beans
2.) Lose obesity:
Along with your diet, it is also very important to control weight. It has been confirmed in many studies that obese people are more prone to increase uric acid. In such a situation, balance on weight is necessary.
3.) Drink plenty of water:
Due to the presence of fluid in the body, the kidneys do not have to work very hard to flush out uric. So keep drinking two-three sips of water every hour. Apart from this, buttermilk, syrup and fruit juice are also beneficial.
4.) Avoid sugar:
Recent studies show that eating sweets also increases uric acid. In such a situation, apart from eating sweet dishes, stay away from sweet drink.
5.)Alcohol is harmful:
In hyperuricemia patients who drink alcohol, the level of uric acid also increases with dehydration. This is because the kidney is busy in removing the toxins that have entered the body due to alcohol. In addition, purines are also found in alcoholic drinks such as beer.
Adopt some habits to get rid from high uric acid
- Eat 2 to 3 walnuts daily. By doing this, the increased uric acid will gradually decrease.
- Eating high fiber food like oatmeal, beans, brown rice will absorb most of the uric acid and reduce its level.
- Consumption of baking soda will also help in reducing uric acid. For this, mix one teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Now drink 8 glasses of this mixture daily. By doing this the level of uric acid will be reduced. Actually, baking soda helps in breaking the uric acid crystals and dissolving them in the blood, but keep in mind that do not take too much baking soda because it can cause high BP problem.
- Consume ajwain daily. This will also reduce the amount of uric acid.
- Eat more and more things rich in vitamin C because vitamin C helps in flushing out uric acid through the toilet.
- Eat half or one lemon daily in salad. Apart from this, drink at least once a day by squeezing lemon in a glass of water.
- If you are fond of eating outside food, then stop immediately and include fruits, vegetables and fibre food in the food.
- Do not eat things like Rajma, chickpeas, arbi, rice, maida and red meat.
- Avoid any beverages containing fructose as they increase your uric acid. This has also been proved in a research.
- Eat apple daily. The malic acid present in apples neutralizes uric acid, which reduces its level in the blood.
- To reduce uric acid, stay away from fried and greasy food. Stay away from ghee and butter too.
- Avoid taking omega 3 fatty acids. Some fish species, such as tuna and salmon, are high in omega 3 fatty acids, and eating them increases the amount of uric acid.
- If you take 500 mg of vitamin C every day, then uric acid will be reduced within two months.
- Chew a spoonful of flaxseeds after meals daily, the amount of uric acid will be reduced.
- Do not panic if gout has become a problem due to increased uric acid. Drink the juice of Bathua leaves every morning on an empty stomach and do not eat anything for 2 hours after that. Doing this daily will reduce the amount of uric acid after some time.
Best uric acid supplements
G-amrita is clinically approved best uric acid supplement poly-herbal approach for hyperuricemia.
Gout it also helps in reducing serum uric acid situations. Reducing pain and inflammation of affected joints and reducing reabsorption of uric acid and also exhibits antioxidant property.